The centennial decade of the Franciscan Brothers was one of rapid and unparalleled growth. The novitiate moved to the beautiful grounds of St. Francis Center in Oyster Bay and the Brother Columba Reilly Scholasticate opened in Brooklyn. St. Francis College moved to its present site on Remsen St. as did St. Francis Monastery. The Butler St. era ended after a century. The Brothers undertook the running of another parish school and the new Bishop Ford High School in Brooklyn.
By admin|2015-10-26T20:57:41-04:00October 26th, 2015|Uncategorized|Comments Off on 1958 : A Centennial Decade