Brother Isidore Garvey, O.S.F.
Brother Isidore (Patrick J. Garvey), a native of County Clare, was engaged in business in Limerick before his coming to St. Francis Monastery in 1869. He received the Habit on August 28, 1870 and was professed on August 28, 1871. During his religious life he taught in St. Joseph's, St. Anne's and St. Mary's schools. He also served in many positions of responsibility: Master of Novices, General Consultor and Treasurer General. It was principally through his efforts that the Centerport property was acquired. Two of his brothers, Brother Clement Sr. and Brother Clement Jr., were also members of our Congregation. Brother Isidore's long and faithful service ended on January 20, 1912.