IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!
HERE BEGINS THE RULE AND LIFE OF THE BROTHERS AND
SISTERS OF THE THIRD ORDER REGULAR OF ST. FRANCIS
1. The form of life of the Brothers and Sisters of the Third Order Regular of Saint Francis is this: to observe the Holy Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ by living in obedience, in poverty and in chastity. Following Jesus Christ after the example of St. Francis, let them recognize that they are called to make greater efforts in their observance of the precepts and counsels of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Let them deny themselves (cf Mt 16:24) as each has promised the Lord.
2. With all in the holy Catholic and apostolic Church who wish to serve the Lord, the brothers and sisters of this order are to persevere in true faith and penance. They wish to live this evangelical conversion of life in a spirit of prayer, of poverty, and of humility. Therefore, let them abstain from all evil and persevere to the end in doing good because God the Son Himself will come again in glory and will say to all who acknowledge, adore and serve Him in sincere repentance: "Come blessed of my Father, take possession of the kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world" (Mt 25:34).
3. The sisters and brothers promise obedience and reverence to the Pope and the Holy Catholic Church. In this same spirit they are to obey those called to be ministers and servants of their own fraternity. And wherever they are, or in whatever situation they are in, they should diligently and fervently show reverence and honor to one another. They should also foster unity and communion with all the members of the Franciscan family.
- Chapter I: Our Identity
- Chapter II: Acceptance into this Life
- Chapter III: The Spirit of Prayer
- Chapter IV: The Life of Chastity for the Sake of the Kingdom
- Chapter V: The Way to Serve and Work
- Chapter VI: The Life of Poverty
- Chapter VII: Fraternal Love
- Chapter VIII: The Obediance of Love
- Chapter IX: The Apostolic Life
- Exhortation and Blessing