4. Those who through the Lord's inspiration come to us desiring to accept this way of life are to be received kindly. At the appropriate time, they are to be presented to the ministers of the fraternity who hold responsibility to admit them.
5. The ministers shall ascertain that the aspirants truly adhere to the Catholic faith and the Church's sacramental life. If they are found to have a vocation, they are to be initiated into the life of the fraternity. Let everything pertaining to this gospel way of life be explained to them, especially these words of the Lord: "If you wish to be perfect (Mt 19:21), go and sell all your possessions (cf Lk 18:22) and give to the poor. You will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me." And "if anyone wishes to follow Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me" (Mt 16:24).
6. Led by the Lord, let them begin a life of penance, conscious that all of us must be continuously and totally converted to the Lord. As a sign of their conversion and consecration to gospel life, they are to clothe themselves plainly and to live in simplicity.
7. When their initial formation is completed, they are to be received into obedience promising to observe this life and rule always. Let them put aside all attachment as well as every care and worry. Let them only be concerned to serve, love, adore, and honor the Lord God, as best they can, with single-heartedness and purity of intention.
8. Within themselves, let them always make a dwelling place and home for the Lord God Almighty, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, so that, with undivided hearts, they may increase in universal love by continually turning to God and to neighbor (Jn 14:23).
- Chapter I: Our Identity
- Chapter II: Acceptance into this Life
- Chapter III: The Spirit of Prayer
- Chapter IV: The Life of Chastity for the Sake of the Kingdom
- Chapter V: The Way to Serve and Work
- Chapter VI: The Life of Poverty
- Chapter VII: Fraternal Love
- Chapter VIII: The Obediance of Love
- Chapter IX: The Apostolic Life
- Exhortation and Blessing